Saturday, October 7, 2006

Fast Forwarded 月记

My Year 3 life starts on 7 Aug 06

 

>> Decided to try out not going for lectures again after last sem's fiasco, though I've also decided to discipline myself to attend every tutorials, unlike last sem. 

 

>> Up til now: lectures attended - 0.0%; tutorials attended - 100%.

 

>> Had been very low profile during FOC due to the high percentage of english-speaking pple in my orientation group (diff frequency) , but glad that at least I got to know some of them better after school started.

 

>> Went back to bridge club for a few weeks. Feels good seeing old faces again.  

 


>> Meet up with quite a few old friends during school days. Always feels good chatting with them. But somehow recently the break-up rate is quite high. Maybe at the age of 23/24 is when people find out what they really want... or maybe it is when people find out that they don't know what they really want... or what they want is not really what they want... Well, whatever.

 

>> 4 weeks ago finally there is someone willing to take up the role of Producer, so there is a Hall Production despite the f*cked up new Hall Allocation System (HAS) that NTU has.

 

>> Always loved the feeling of being in a drama production, theatre, working together with other people, so I've decided to join Production again this year despite that most prob that I won't get points for it.  

 

>> Pondering which post I want to do. I had been Props Head last year. Props Head is something you do once in your lifetime and you won't ever want to do it again. (It's fun, but it's damn xiong la!) Logistic is not fun. Publicity Head also done before liao. Director... dun even know how to act, how to direct?? Therefore... I'll be the Technical Director!!!

 

>> I volunteered to my Producer, she happily agreed, then she asked me what is a Technical Director suppose to do. I told Tech Director is in charge of all the Tech Crews and a bridge between the Crews and the Directors. She happily said OK! But she dunno that actually there is no such thing as a 'Technical Director'. *sinister smile* The nearest thing to a 'Technical Director' is Technical Manager (only exist in US) whose job is same as that of Stage Manager in Singapore. The next nearest is Production Manager, whose job is the same as that of Producer.

 

>> So here I'm, holding a non existant but seemingly important post in the Production Team, up there together with the directors & producers in the Inner Circle. And the best part is, no one know what a Tech Director is suppose to do! So... arrows? "Eh brother, Tech Director is not suppose to do this la, ask producer / sm / director / props head please. I'm sorry..."  Haha! I love this post!

 

>> Read some local chinese scripts collections while trying to find a script for our production. Found out that reading scripts is just like looking into the mirror. 人生如戏,戏如人生。Some recommendations: 《戏戏相关》 and 《亲密关戏》 by 海燕等人。(海燕等人 is a group of chinese drama enthusiasts age between 25 and 35, all graduated from HwaChong.)

 

>> Recess has came and gone. Spent most of it discussing script, finding/ recceing theatre, doing tutorials, preparing for quizzes, preparing for presentation. No time to meet friends.

 

>> I realised I have an innate fear of presentations. I felt low morale weeks before the presentation. I felt very scared just minutes before the presentation. However, at the time when I was presenting, strangely I didn't feel scared. I just said what I've painfully prepared without major glitches. Yada yada yada and that's it, end of slide. Hmmm... Maybe there is nothing much to be afraid about presentations.

 

But still, I hate presentations.

 

>> >> >>

 

>> 8 Oct 06

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment