Friday, September 14, 2007

Random Updates


Random...

 

Getting slack current-affairs-wise these days, seldom go Channel New Asia website anymore. Only when I go MrBrownShow.com then I found out this piece of interesting (old) news:

 

Guard duty personel AWOL go Orchard Road with his SAR21 rifle and bullets.

 

WTH! Haha! Anw, this is MrBrownShow's podcast on the above incident. Damn funny!

 

 

Random...

 

"If at all possible, encounter a tree. It is unique, beautiful, fractal, solid, flexible - and very much alive. It has no prejudices or opinions. It knows no terror. It takes root, and hold down the very soil. It draws water from earth. It fashion a leafy canopy, sun- drenched above and shady beneath. It breaths. It is wondrous to behold. It harbors and shelters many other life forms. Its sap flow. It bears fruit in its season. After benefiting its environment, it returns silently to its origins. Can any human aspire to more?"

 

-The Big Questions. How Philosophy Can Change Your Life. Lou Marinoff.

 

 

Random...

 

Playing a lot ('a lot' is an understatement) of games these days from www.reflexive.com. Recommended: Risk II, Gish, Astral Masters, Jets n Guns, Democracy, Off Road Arena, Grimms Hatchery etc etc. Recently I've read an article arguing that playing computer games is good for developing your IQ. So, yup, my IQ has increased alot these days. (Like real! Haha!)

 

Anw I think is true la. You need to strategise when you are playing games. Train your reflex too!

 

Btw if you are playing games from Reflexive, message me. I have what you need. *Wink*

 

 

Random...

 

Watched 2 dramas and 1 movie since I last update: If There Are Seasons, Enchanted Tales, Ratatouille. I heard my JC friends said that they don't like If There Are Seasons that much because of the plot. But I personally feel that the plot is ok... I was touched towards the end. But the plot is secondary. Just listen to them sing is already worth the ticket price.

 

Ratatouille is another show that touched me. Must watch!

 

 

Random...

 

Projects. Although this semester is only 13 AUs, Human Resource Management is enough to make me die! The project aim is to apply Blue Ocean Strategy (an overhyped business thinking model these days) to a company you choose. So, you need to interview the company's boss, interview 30 customers, interview the company's competitors, interview the competitors' customers, interview non-customers... compile everything, think of new strategy to innovate the company, present to class wearing formal with tie (with tie!), ganna attacked during presentation.

 

STRESS!

 

One of my classmate even fainted on the day of presentation. Scary. Two more HRM presentations to go this sem.

 

 

Random...

 

Read alot of comics these days. Highly recommend Lucifer and Astro City.

 

Lucifer, by Mike Carey, is the same Devil who met Sandman in... Sandman. Highly interesting character! (Those who read Sandman before will know how interesting he is... =P) But NLB don't have the complete set, and I've been reading individual book here and there. Still, I loved it! As good as Sandman and Fables.

 

Astro City, by Kurt Busiek, is a city/story of/about superheroes. Marvel and other comics usually portray its heroes from a third person's (reader's) point of view. Astro City portray its heroes from a first person's (the hero himself) point of view or from a Astro City resident's point of view. Fresh perspective. Interesting stories. A good read. =)

 

 

Random...

 

Hall Production. Idea -> Script -> Find actors and backstage crew -> Preparation / Rehearsing -> A Performance. I'll participate at every stage even though I'm in my final year. The fire of passion is still burning stong in my heart. Love production.

 

Those who never joined Production will never understand the Magic of making an idea blossom into something beautiful, a work of art... even though the beauty only last for two days.

 

You will be surprise how many seniors feel the same way.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment