Friday, February 8, 2008

Crossroads

Somehow these days for some reasons there are a lot of things happening together at the same time, all of them take up significant amount of brain power: job finding, production, FYP, tutorials etc etc. The result:

 

CPU Usage: 99%

 

The above paragraph is something I wrote a few days ago, in an attempt to write an entry, and failed. Now because of Chinese New Year, CPU usage dropped a bit, that is why I can continue... and because I think quite a bit these days, I am going to be a bit philosophical.

 

 

What is life?


Life is the sum of all your choices. -Albert Camus

 


Why do I bring this up? Because I am reaching another major crossroad of life: finding my first job. Looking back at all of my previous crossroads for the past 25 years, choosing my secondary school, JC, university, courses, IA company, FYP etc etc, I have been mostly happy with my choices... until NOW, when all my previous choices collectively give me a major headache:

 

WHY THE HELL AM I IN ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING WHEN MY INTERESTS ARE IN 1. THE ARTS AND 2. PROGRAMMING?

 


Hahaha! What a joke.

 


I had a strange dream during the Chinese New Year's eve. I had been blaming myself why I didn't go Art Design Media (ADM) in NTU. Then Lydia (Of all people!!! Haha! Anw she is a junior in hall, the first batch of ADMer) suddenly appeared to cheer me up. She said (in angmo) that even if I went ADM, I also won't know how well I will do there. Maybe it will turn out that I don't really like arts also. Then I thought: hmmm... What she said is true! And I felt better when I woke up.

 

Actually she is just a manifestation of my subconcious, of course what she said is true!

 


Anw, I can't help but wonder, what happened in those alternate universes where I dropped Engineering after first year and joined the newly created ADM school...

 

...or where I was borned a year later and able to choose to be admitted into ADM...

 

...or where my A level results are so hopeless that I have no choice but to go into an art school...

 

...or where my parents will strongly encourage me to go into an art school despite my ok A level results...

 

(Just now at my aunt's house, she told me that art is something you can only play as a hobby...)

 

...or...

 


All these scenarios are IMPOSSIBLE!!! Or at least improbable.


Is there any free choice in life? Or I am predestined to be an engineer in this life?


 

What do you think?


 

Hahahaha! HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR EVERYONE! =)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment