Friday, May 19, 2006

This week

Recently I discovered a very very very horrible fact -

 

I can't button up my pants anymore!!!

 

Arghhh... I highly suspect this is the result of me sitting an average 16 hours a day in front of books and computer for the past two years (the other 8 hours I'm sleeping). And this is bad. So I decided that some extreme measures are needed... I've decided to tag along my neighbours for basketball and soccer session the next time they go... both sports I haven't played for years until last monday, which I would say is fun and tiring.

 

Did a little part time this week, and its the most interesting job I ever did. Basically you are supposed to use a little eduacational software which teaches complex systems (the ideas behind chaos theory) and give them feedback. The first time I'm paid for studying! And they are very interesting subjects woh - eg. how ants search for food, how traffic jams are formed without accident whatsoever, the fluctuating relationship between predator and prey, dynamic actions vs event actions, decentralisd vs centralised control, feedack, self organization etc etc...

 

So, does a traffic jam move forwards or backwards?

 

The answer is backwards. The explanation 说来话长, so I won't write here le.

 

Then went for a little walk after dinner last night until 12am. Looking for all the dark places in NTU. Frankly speaking, we discovered quite a few good spots, hehehe...

 

What else did I do last week? Hmmm... went to watch an art house film L'enfant (The Child) at cathay picture house. Lian He Zao Bao gave a whooping 4 stars to this movie. All I can say is, none of you reading this blog, I emphazise, none of you here will like this movie, unless you like the MOST art house of the art house films. Haha the movie is not bad lah. To me, no movies are bad. There are only three kinds of movie: Highly interesting, mediocre and highly uninteresting. And sometimes, strangely, watching movies at the very extreme end of the spectrum can be quite interesting also.

 

But this is not something you would want to do everyday of course. =)

 

Lastly, besides all the above, the rest of the time I spent doing data entry for my project, play DOTA, play Heroes 5, write mystery walk, play DOTA, play Heroes 5 etc etc...

 

Canoeing one whole day this sunday. It is going to be another xiong day again... Hopefully I can button up my pants after sunday. =P

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Haha...so kor...any improvements recently? ;p (about the buttoning up of the pants i mean...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Sis! Abit better le! Haha!

    ReplyDelete