Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Jiefeng's World

A world where the spirit of a girl who died 9 years ago stands in the middle of a tug-of-war between the forces of Good and Evil. What had happened to her? More importantly, what will happened to YOU. You choose the path. You make the choice. In Jiefeng's world, how the story ends depends on YOU.

 

* * * * * * *

 

Recently, as I walked slowly browsing through rows and rows of  boxes DVD movies on the shelf of a movie rental store, I get a feeling that, inside these boxes are exciting and exotic man-made worlds that we will never have a chance to experience in real life. And they are strangely beakoning you to step inside them, into the worlds that the directors, script writers have painsakingly crafted. As soon as you put the DVD into the player and switched on the television, you are transported out of the real world and into the minds of other people - into the world they had imagined.

 

* * * * * * *

 

That night, my job was to accompany one of the actoress at the top of a very dark and spacious rooftop. We were talking cock until the freshies approached. I hid, and she transformed. It was the last scene. The spirit of the poor girl at a crossroad: salvation, or eternal damnation, at the decision of the freshies.

 

At that moment in time, the line between reality and fantasy blurred. The world I was in was only as big as the NTU's Innovation Center and South Spine, where all the characters were doing as they did in my imagination. The freshies were inside my mind, interacting with the people I thought up, deciding their fates even. 

 

At that moment in time, I'm inside my mind too, eavedropping on and curious about what the characters inside my mind were doing.

 

At that moment in time - Satisfaction.

 

 

 NTU Hall 11 Mystery Walk

DEVIL / ANGEL     

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment