Saturday, October 27, 2007

Random Thoughts

Emotional vs Logical

 

"Are you more emotional or more logical?" People have always asked this question. This made me thought that you can only either be logical or emotional, but not both. But recently, while I was bathing in the toilet, I suddenly realised: Hey! These two terms are not opposites! Why can't they coexist? Being emotional doesn't mean you can't be logical. You like apple doesn't mean you can't like orange. So now I finally know what I am now.

 

I am a emotionally logical person. (I am strongly emotional about being logical.) =)

 

 

Making Things Difficult

 

Why do someone like to make things difficult for others? Why would someone want to raise the unhappiness level in this world? I really don't understand. Army has tons of people like this. (That is why I hate army.) School has some people like this. I don't understand, but I accept it. Everywhere have people like this.

 

But recently, I meet another breed of people which I never (noticed I ) encounter before. They make things difficult for you because they claim that they want to train you to handle people who make things difficult for you in future. It is for your OWN GOOD.

 

This is a new one. You can't do anything about it. You can't protest. You can't resist. Why? Cos I'm the good guy. It is for you OWN GOOD. LL.

 

F**KERS.

 

All they teach is this: Next time you want to make things difficult for others, say it is for their own good that you make things difficult for them.

 

(Hmmm... sounds like I very emo hor? But actually I am not la, cos that module over le. Hee! For friends who are encountering such people currently, jiayou!)

 

 

Zen

 

Recently I noticed a friend's very unhappy msn nick. Apparently she had some problems with her teammates and projects. (I guess maybe she met people who have the characteristic mentioned above.)

 

Buddhism philosophy has something to say about unhappiness. All unhappiness comes from unfulfilled expectations. Why do you feel unhappy when the person you meeting is late? Because you expect him to be on time. Why do you feel unhappy when you get a C for your exams? Because you expect to get B. Buddhism philosophy encourage us to have no expectations, so that you won't be unhappy. Of course you also won't feel the happiness that comes from fulfilled expectations. But at least you will enjoy the joy of being peaceful.

 

A long time ago I asked my buddhist friend, "But, it is impossible for us to have no expectations!"

 

Then he answered wisely, "Still it doesn't stop you from working towards it."

 

 

(Actually there are different types of expectations:

 


  • Expectations which results you can control - "I expect to get an A+ for my exam."; and
  • Expectations which results you can't control - "Oei friend! I want to get an A+ for our HRM project. I expect you to do your part of our HRM project to A+ standards ah. " (If my teammate expect that from me, he is going to be into a lot of unhappiness, cos I will tell him to wake up his idea. Luckily all my teammates only expected to pass... and it is over le. Haha!)

But that will be a discussion for another time.)

 

 

Hopefully I will reach Enlightenment  by the time i reach 80 (after I got my Lamborghini and a 5 storeys house). =P

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment