Saturday, November 1, 2008

Update

Went to the remaining Singapore Biennale place, South Beach Development, today with 2 jc friends. Photo here. (Oh btw, if anyone wants to go can jio me... I may want to go again. =)

 

I know I sound very arty-farty in recent my blog entries. But nope. I am not seriously an arts person. I am not art-trained. As a result, I cannot understand 100% the meaning behind the exhibitions. But I like these exhibits, simply because these are creative things that no one else will even dream of doing. I heard that people comment in exhibitions - "I can also do this!" No. The point is not whether you can do this or not. The point is whether you can think of doing this, and actually do it. This is what differentiate people who can only talk from real artists.

 

I admit I am not an artist.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

The way I "appreciate" the exhibits -

 

First I read the caption, then I look at the exhibit, think a bit... 'hmmm'... read the caption again, look at the exhibit again, and think a bit again... 'Wa sibei chim, good good, very interesting (but I don't really understand)'... then I walk off. Most prob the entire process won't take more than 5 minutes.

 

Time.

 

Inside the exhibition hall, be it City Hall, South Beach Development, Central Promontory Site (at Raffles Place), or any other museum, you will feel that you entered another world, another time-space. At the site itself, time moves slower. Not everyone can adjust himself or herself in the space at first -

 

Some still walk pretty fast around the exhibits and miss lots of tiny details. (I am guilty of that.) Some still keep punching or talking on their handphone/PDA phone, unable to unplug themselves from the real world outside. Some complain that they don't understand what the hell is the artist trying to do and quickly move on to the next exhibit. (I am guilty of that too!)

 

But sooner or later, everyone will slow down their pace, sometimes stop and sit down, to listen to what these exhibits are trying to tell us. To appreciate. Time slows... stop.

 

Peace.

 

Then, you will find that you don't really need to conciously understand what the exhibit is trying to tell you.

 

Your heart already understood.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Anwz for updates. These days my world have been revolving around stocks trading. Most of the time after work was spent on reading books on stocks trading and analysing stocks and stocks markets. For years I have been trying different ways to predict the future - Palmistry, Tarots, I-Ching etc etc. Now I have decided to put my future-predicting obsession to good practical use -

 

Predict the Stock Market.

 

I will find the secret, the key, the Holy Grail, to unlock this huge treasure trove that is the stock market, one day. MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

 

Oh btw, I have started another blog on stock trading in Blogspot, consolidating all the knowledge I scraped from the many many different books and websites that I read in one place before I forgot. (Some of the books cost hundreds of dollars in bookstores!) My knowledge repository.

 

Currently it is only for invited readers (as there are lots of copyrighted contents, sshhhh...), and there is only one invited reader - ME. Haha! But if anyone who is also interested, no matter you really want to trade stocks or not, feel free to ask me for invitation. It is hard to find friends who shared the same interest as me to discuss such things...

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Sing to the Dawn

 

      




 

I LOVE this song! It is beautiful!

 

"You never know, if you never try, you will make it a long long way, if you believe..." 

 

 

(But the movie sucks.)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment