Thursday, May 14, 2009

Movies

Just a little observation before I start: Why these days most of my fellow blogger friends stop blogging anymore? Is it because that I stopped blogging? Hahaha!

 

Anw I think I wrote before that I can't blog on my laptop cos for some reason my Window Vista don't allow me to login to msn space. If I want to blog, I can only blog from my workplace. But of course, it is not right to blog during work, and so I didn't blog. With everything accounted for, let me start blogging proper:

 

(Don't ask me why am I blogging now. If I have a choice, I won't be. In fact, I won't even be at my workplace.)

 

So, what the hell have I been doing these days?

 

Ever since my colleague went back to Singapore a month ago, I have been left on my own in a foreign country half a world away from home. But on the up side, my company had left me a car and an apartment with 2 bedrooms. (One of the bedrooms has became my wardrobe.) And so, with the car, I had been travelling around the city, and even to another city, when I am not working.

 

However, after a while, I found out that my cash isn't unlimited. So I opt for a cheaper form of entertainment, watching movies. One difference between Singapore and US movie theatre is that US movie theatres is free seating. So in order to get a good seat, you need to reach early. The other difference is that US movie theatres feature even longer advertisements than Golden Village theatres. This works strangely well together with the first difference.

 

Anwz these are the movies I watch in US:

 

Watchman

Fast and Furious

Knowing

Monster VS Aliens

Hannah Montana

Earth

Wolverine

Star Trek

 

So far, Knowing and Star Trek are the best of them all, while Fast and Furious and Monster VS Alien are the worst.

 

Other than that, I also watched some movies on my laptop:

 

Life After People (history channel documentry)

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Nania

Slumdog Millionaire

Battle Royale

Battle Royale II

 

I felt that Slumdog Millionaire is overrated. Overall it's good but it is just too... artificial. Knowing, Life After People, The Day the Earth Stood Still, watching these 3 shows together really made me think for quite a while... about human species as a whole... what is its purpose, is there a purpose, or just a random accident?

 

One special mention is Battle Royale, which is one of the BEST bloody shows I had ever watched. How human nature is magnified when facing death. Actually I thought nothing of its story at first. If not out of curiosity why my cousin wants me to order it specially from Amazon, I would never had watched it. Very highly recommended.

 

Ok, time's up.

 

Next movies I am going to watch: Momento, 12 Monkeys, Donnie Darko, 1408, Godfather. Ah, and Angels and Demons.

 

TATA!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment