Monday, June 13, 2005

13rd of June 2005

What am I doing recently?? With so many 'date entries', am I starting to write a diary? I don't want to turn my blog into a diary! But maybe there's something worth noting down in 13rd of June.

I looove making new friends, despite being an introvert (according to Carl Jung's personality test). And I made quite a few yesterday during the Adventure Trail Challenge, working as a helper. The most notable one is Xin Yi (Sim Yee). She was publicity in-charge in ODAC (publicity, what a familiar name), and also the driver in charge of ferrying us around. What's extrordinary not that she's a female driver, though it's quite rare. What's even rarer is that she's one year younger than me and she's driving a lorry! And she's as confident with the lorry as I'm confident with a sedan, which is quite confident. Girls nowadays are as good as boys in many areas that boys are traditionally known to be better at.

Later then I learnt that she's from HC, a pleasant surprise! I'm always doubly happy when I meet someone from HC, since I'm in a HC-deprived environment. She's from 01S79. Anyone I know from 79?

Anwz, one day has passed, ATC is over. Though she's one girl I 欣赏 quite a lot, I'm starting to forget her name. I guess within a year, if I meet her somewhere again, I think she will be nothing more than a familiar face, but a stranger nonetheless. I realised long ago that friendships have half-lifes. Maintaining friendship is very important. However there is another element that's very important, that is 'common ground'. If you've no common ground, it's hard maintain friendship even if you want to. Then it all goes down to 缘分. If there is, you'll become friends again sometime in future. If not...

过客 n. 1. someone notable who was once in your life, but not anymore. (The person must be notable, if not he/she will not even be considered as 过客 )

I wish there ain't so 过客 many in my life. Some of them were once very good friends.

Ramble again, just like an old man. Anwz yesterday was quite enjoyable, working with friends, old and new, go MacRitchie Resevoir 'hiking' for 2 hrs, 'holland' (n. 1. a country in Europe adj. 2. lost one's way 3. did not reach one's intended destination) on a straight track, drive a lorry for 10mins, sitting behind the lorry feeling the wind, go east coast walk walk, ride bike, trying to pick lock etc etc. Tired but happy, to use a primary school student phrase. =)

PS. A space of 3 days, 2 HC juniors, 1 very old friend, the other very new, different thoughts on friendship.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment