Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Afterword

Okie, back to the real world. Finally step out my first step to be come a writer (坐家), most probably my last step though. =P For me I'll give my story a 2 to 5/2 stars. Not a very great mark, but the result is not important, what matters is the process. I had great fun brainstorming for ideas to add into my story and fooling around with Lan Yu (and 'myself').

A little background on the story. Goh Lan Yu  is inspired by Ubik. However, if you all realise, I've gotten most of my ideas from Sophie's World , only the ending is a tiny bit similar to Ubik. Therefore this story is not quite original. But, well, I admit I'm not a original or creative person. I'm a just a postmodern person.

Another thing, if you read the story closely enough (which I doubt anyone will, coz even I don't), you will realise there are quite a few indiscrepencies throughout the story. Not that I purposely make it that way, just that the 'future' I choose for Lan Yu sometimes rendered the 'past' invalid. For example, Lan Yu's dreams of 'me' supposedly serve a purpose. I was thinking of incorporating Lao Zi's "When I dreamt of a butterfly, is it I who dreamt of the butterfly, or is it the butterfly who dreamt of me" philosophy in the story. However in the end, the idea is not used, but I was too lazy to edit the 'past' already. Maybe it'll demostrate the fact better that, in the world I created, anything can happened. =P

(Ok ok, I'm just lazy.)

Anwz, I was thinking, if I want to get rich by writing, writing novels requires too much brain power le. If I'm going to write, maybe I'll write self-help books. =)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment