Friday, August 12, 2005

SMS

I've a question: What will you do if you receive an SMS that's clearly not for you, ie. sent wrongly?

 

I think a normal person (like me) will ignore the message, or, if you are good-hearted, kindly inform the sender at once that he had sent a message to the wrong person. 

 

Guess what kind of msgs I received when I sent a wrong message to 2 jokers?

 

Anwz this's what happened. As the captain of blk 54 chinese chess team for the Inter-Block- Games (for my hall) today, I was organising a selection for the players yesterday. This's what I sent to all those who expressed interest in joining the competition.

 

' Morning! This's 54 chinese chess ic Jiefeng. Chinese chess trial will be tonight 10pm at canteen. Cya there! '

 

These are the replies I received:

 

CASE 1

 

This reply came after 1 minute:

 

' Morning! This's 54 chinese chess ic Jiefeng. Chinese chess trial will be tonight 10pm at canteen. Cya there! <- ?? '

 

...

 

How do you reply to such a msg?? I was thinking very hard that which part of the message this fella don't understand. Maybe this guy don't know that 'cya' means 'see you'. After much thought, I sms him back:

 

' See you in canteen tonight at 10pm. '

 

And this's what I get:

 

' I think you msg the wrong person. I've no idea what you are talking abt. '

 

WTF! WHY CANT HE SAY SO EARLIER??!

 

Despite what my intense irritation with him, being a nice person that I'm, I still reply him:

 

' Sorry then. Have a nice day! =) ' 

 

 

CASE 2

 

This reply from another person I received after 15 minutes:

 

' Sorry who r u? '

 

OMG! What a thought provoking question!

 

DOES 'Jiefeng' IN MY MSG LOOK LIKE A WORD IN OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY???

 

Then I've a gut feeling that people who play chinese chess won't have an IQ of less than one. I check for the number in my list. It turns out that today is my lucky day. I msg wrongly... to 2 jokers in a row!

 

What a day! Haha!

 

Hmmm... Maybe next time when someone sent me a wrong msg I'll exchange 10 msgs with him before telling him, "Sorry, I think you msg the wrong person. Oops."

 

 

1 comment:

  1. aiyo.. devil, you shouldn\'t 以怨抱怨!there is this thing call "Karma"! hehe the devil I know is the 宰相肚里能乘船 kind of man! let those silly people be, k?!

    ReplyDelete