Monday, August 1, 2005

Movie Review - Stealth

Watched Stealth in Prince (Shaw Tower) with my dad yesterday. Didn't really have any high expectation of the show. Afterall, it's the same old AI turned against humans story again, just like Terminator and I, Robot . And it's worst this time - what can a single stupid plane do?? Anwz we still chose to watch it since my dad loves action films and fighter planes, and there's no other movie with suitable timing.

 

But surprise surprise! The plot turns up to be much much better than I thought. If Terminator and I, Robot  type of story is in the Classical stage in Henri Focillon's Theory of Evolution of Style, then Stealth is in Baroque stage. It went further, making us wonder if we really can't cooperate with a sentient AI. The plot is quite unexpected, the ending quite touching and the scenes are quite exciting. Shall not reveal the story in case someone's going to watch the movie. But even though it isn't exactly a 4-stars movie, my dad and I truely enjoyed the film. If you're planning to watch it, you didn't make the wrong choice.

 

PS. Actually I wanted to watch War of Worlds. Why does it stops showing?!?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment