Sunday, September 25, 2005

Haiku

Language is an abomination, especially grammatical correct language. It put a structure to normally messy unstructured thoughts. The essence of the thought is lost when put into words.

 

Therefore I usually try to express what I'm thinking in as few words as possible. Who cares when MS Word says my sentences are fragmented? (Ok ok, I admit my english is lousy!)

 

This makes me think of something I learnt when I was in primary school - Haiku , one of the oldest literary forms. It's traditional japanese poetry, with only a total of 17 syllables (5-7-5), making it short and sweet. It's supposedly written when the poet experienced a moment of enlightenment (or satori  for the Zen inspired). Here's a masterpiece written by one of the masters:

 

 

I'm damn f*cking bored.

Trying to write a Haiku.

People's head - three lines.

     

                                                                                ~ IW

  

Haha!

  

 

References:



 

 

1 comment:

  1. ___()""()_______()""()______(\'o\',))_____("(\'o\',)_____(,)(")(")_____(")(")(,)__welcome to my blog

    ReplyDelete