Saturday, September 3, 2005

Seniors


Browsing through my friendster page a couple of weeks ago, I felt a sudden longing to see my HC senior class seniors. I remembered that seniors had taken very good care of us and we were quite close during our JC days. However, it has been years since we last saw them and we kind of lost contact.

 

Coincidentally, recently, a week or two after the day I browsed through my friendster page, I saw one of them on TV! He's Daniel, the one who's always joking around. Funny that he was then on Channel U's《有话就说》talking about how to take care of one's own personal finance.

 

Today, I saw another one of them at Woodlands Civic Centre! She’s Huiyi, my publicity team leader last time. We were surprised, exclaimed hey(!) and walked passed each other, all in a matter of seconds. Thinking back, it seems strange that we didn’t stop to have a good chat.

 

Perhaps we were too intended on our own respective destinations. Not only today. We had been too intended on our own respective destinations ever since the seniors graduated four years ago...

 

Yet another coincidence: When I reached home, my mom showed me last Sunday’s papers which featured Daniel.

 

It has been years since I last saw them. Out of a sudden I 'saw' them three times. And HC MAF celebration is next Saturday. A day when every Hwa Chongian reunites back in our home for 2 years traditionally. 

 

Omens? Signs? Maybe they tell us that our  缘分 with senior class is not up yet. I believe that no matter how stupid our school name became, no matter how rude and 不见人情 our school's teachers were when they chased us out of our 黄城 after school events (inflow from TCHS), the spirit that connects each and every Hwa Chongian together will never ever die.

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment