Friday, June 15, 2007

An inspiration story (in inverted commas)

 

"When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. "

 

"Intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life."

 

"When you want something with all your heart, that's when you are closest to the Soul of the World. It's always a positive force."

 

Quotes from The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho, my favourite story book.

 

 

*************

 


Yesterday, I travelled to Yishun to a very rare shop in Singapore, again. The shop is a good 15 mins walk from the MRT station. I found the very rare shop on a friend's instruction the day before, and bought a software needed for my FYP which I wanted to learn during this holiday. However, to my dismay, when I reached home and tested the software, it doesn't work on my comp. It is a 64bit software while my comp is a 32bit system. I need to get the 32bit version of the software.

 

So there I was, walking back to the shop from the MRT station, wanting to exchange the CD, with great reluctance. The red afternoon sun was burning hot, and I was sweating like hell. Still, I was determined to get the software. But, when I reached there...

 

The shop was closed.

 

I was hot and sweating and dejected. I walked past the bus stop on my way back and on a strange whim, boarded the first bus that comes which seems to go in the direction of the MRT station. Since the top front of the TIBS bus showed "YISHUN INTERCHANGE", I am quite confident that I made the right decision.

 

I was wrong.

 

The bus turned away from the direction of the MRT and looped until God knows where for 20-30 mins. One word comes into my mind: 'Sianzzz...', followed by a string of other words as the journey got longer and longer, which I shan't write here, but you get the idea.

 

In the end, just when I was wondering how long more the bus is going to loop, I had came back to the original place where I boarded the bus, and through the window I saw the shop was open again! So I got off the bus and exchanged the CD gratefully.

 

By then, the sun isn't so hot anymore, so I walked happily back to the MRT station. And by the time I reached the station, rain came pouring down to cool the land. And I breathed in a breathful of cool fresh air.

 

A good day for me, yesterday. =)

 

 

 

Moral of the story 1:

 

When in doubt, just get on any bus you want. Eventually you will still reach your destination, even if you have to walk to get there. =P

 

 

Moral of the story 2:

 

Do whatever you want to do when it is sunny. It will rain in the end, and by that time, it is too late.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment