Monday, June 25, 2007

Life

 

Thursday... blogged about it in the last entry. Kinda a free day. Started my exercise regime, finally, after 2 years. A good friend of mine has always been a very positive influence on me. She tells you your bad points straight in the face. Who in the world will tell you you have bad dress sense after only knowing you for less than a month? Of course she didn't tell me I've bad dress sense, she only tell me to buy more clothes, which basically meant the same thing... ermm... haha! Anw she also encouraged me to exercise and join Christianity. It is kinda hard to find a true friend who tells you your faults these days. (Or is it I have too little faults for my friends to tell? =)

 

Have been running 5 times for the past 2 weeks. Only very short distance, around 2km or less. But it makes me feels alive... cos it makes me feels like dying every time. Anw, I am going to shrink my spare tire!!!

 

Also I have started preparing for my Final Year Project. Btw for those who don't know, my project is to convert speech to sign language 3D animation for hearing impaired children.  I'm learning how to create animations using animation software such as Poser and 3ds Max. It's quite fun, but now I'm troubled about how an input can called out an output of 3D animation. Hmmm... programming... anyone can point me in the right direction?

 

Yup, I've also decided to listen to my cousin's advice to update myself daily with the latest news by making Channel News Asia's website my homepage and scan for headlines for a minute or two every time I on my comp. Though I've no great interest in news, I'm going out into the society in a year and I guess I can't be too ignorant of the current affairs anymore. Another minor improvement for me. =)

 

*************

 

Friday I met up with 2 friends. One of them worked in Mediacorp's News Division for her internship, which makes her very knowledgeable about how artistes make up to look good in front of the camera. She said my face's most flattering angle is 45 degree. Next time don't be surprised if you see me kept facing away when taking photos. =P Watched Fantastic Four with them. An enjoyable show which don't engage you intellectually.

 

*************

 

Monday is the start of my Special Sem's Elective, which takes place every Mon and Wed from 6.30pm to 10pm. The name of the module is Eco-Architecture in an Urban Environment. It is about different ways to build sustainable or even self-renewable buildings in Singapore. Quite interesting. Came across this very Tao-like statement which I like alot in the lecture:

 

"Change is the only constant."

 

How true! We mustn't forget to constantly improve and renew ourselves in this constantly changing environment. Do not get stuck in a routine. We need to think out of the box!  Be creative! Innovate!

 

A question from the lecturer: What is the difference between 'creative' and 'innovative'?

 

Answer: An innovation is a small improvement on an existing product. Creation is the making of a new product. The time needed to make an innovation is much much shorter than creating something new. The reason why Japan got back so quickly after WW2 is because it takes America's products (which takes years to develop) and make lots of small innovations on them. As results, Japan end out having superior products.

 

A little food for thought. =)

 

*************

(To be continued…)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment