Monday, December 31, 2007

Recently I...

Read...

 

1. V for Vendetta by Alan Moore

2. Swamp Thing by Alan Moore

3. Top 10 by Alan Moore

4. Tom Strong by Alan Moore

5. Watchman by Alan Moore

6. Planetary by Warren Ellis

7. Stormwatch by Warren Ellis

8. The Authority by Warren Ellis

9. The UnderCover Economist by Tim Harford

 

Have been mostly reading nothing but comic books (and lecture notes) for the past few months. My new favourite comics writers: Alan Moore and Warren Ellis! As good as Neil Gaiman (Sandman, Stardust) and Bill Willingham (Fables). Dunno how can come out with such incredible stories. Impressed.

 

Watched...

 

1.  Warlords

2.  I Am Legend

3.  Kill Bill Volume 1

4.  Prison Break Season 3

5.  Cirque du Soleil - Nouvelle Experience

6.  Cirque du Soleil - Saltimbanco

7.  Cirque du Soleil - Alegria

8.  Cirque du Soleil - Quidam

9.  Cirque du Soleil - Dralion

10. Cirque du Soleil - Corteo

11. City Harvest Christmas Show

12. South Park

 

Quentin Tarantino (director of Kill Bill) is damn zai!!! Has been wanting to watch Kill Bill Volume 1 after I watched Volume 2 on DVD a long time ago, but the Volume 1's DVD version is banned in Singapore. Dunno what the hell Singapore Censorship Board people doing...  allow Volume 2 don't allow Volume 1. Just abit of blood splashing around like fountains only then ganna banned le. Erm ok, not abit... in fact, is alot... alot. Still, as if people will go around killing people just because they see alot of blood splashing around like fountains. Cock. I am going to kill them. (Kidding =P)

 

Anw I have also been watching Cirque du Soleil's shows on DVDs borrowed from the national library. I was wondering what is so special about Cirque du Soleil that get it featured as the first example of our Blue Ocean Strategy 'textbook', so when I saw the DVDs (Quidam and Corteo) in Boon Lay library, I borrowed them. Since then I've been hunting down every single one of their DVDs - the magic of Circus plus Theatre is indeed powerful. 5 and 6 are not as good cos it is their first few shows. But the rest are... WOW! 'Elated' is how you feel when you watch their shows. =)

 

The City Harvest Christmas Show was quite alright... but I feel there is slightly too much preaching by their pastor after the show for non-christians like me. Oh well, it is free, what can I say? 

 

South Park... another banned cartoon in Singapore. WTH.

 

Played...

 

1. Hellgate London

2. Need For Speed - ProStreet

3. Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East

4. Call of Duty 2

5. The Battle of Middle Earth II

6. The Movies

7. Sid Meier Civilization 4 

 

Seven is the number of games I currently have in my new computer right now. (Ermm... Paiseh, I am not being accurate in my previous statement. I have uninstalled Call of Duty 2 and Civilization 4 cos I've completed them.) Hmm.... Now I faced a dilemma everytime I on my PC: I dunno what game to play. Haiz...

 

Visited...

 

1. Science Center - Digital Art & Technology exhibition 

 

The Digital Art & Technology exhibition is an eye opener - what the merging of technology and art can do. Damn nice. Science Center is indeed my favourite tourist attraction!

 

'Busy' with...

 

1. Final Year Project

2. Inter-Hall Contract Bridge Competition (over le)

3. Hall Production

 

Somehow since the beginning of the sem, I have been getting the impression that our hall JCRC can't be bothered with Contract Bridge - they don't even want to organise a Contract Bridge Inter-Block Game (IBG). If you don't organise IBG, how the hell are you going to know who is interested in playing??? Since they can't be bothered, I also can't be bothered, even though I am the ONLY person left in my hall who can (barely) make it in Bridge. Kinda disappointed but since I final year le, heck la.

 

It was not until 2 weeks before the competition that our Assistant Rec Sec called me personally asking me to play. Then I was thinking: hiya, since I last year le, after graduate probably will never have a chance to play le, then she also sounded so sincere... ok lor, play lor.

 

I was quite surprised and happy when I know that they already found a group of new bloods that are enthusiastic in playing, but dunno how to play. So, although we lost the competition, I guess I should train them so that next year our Contract Bridge Team will at least stand a chance. Having doubts about how long their enthusiasm will last, but lets hope for the best.

 

Anw, as I said, I final year le, if they heck care, I also heck care.

 

Btw, I played a total of 3 games in the competition. Lost 2 rounds in the beginning, si bei low morale. But at least during my 'finale' match (the very last match of my life in NTU), my roomie and I played against a pair of chiobus... and win! So at least I ended my Contract Bridge life in NTU on a high note. Haha! =P

 

 

That will be the end of my ramblings. 2007 has been a great year. 2008 will be an even better year! Hereby wish everyone a

 

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment