Thursday, July 3, 2008

199 or 179 faster?

If you want to go Boon Lay Interchange from Canteen A, which bus, 199 or 179, will reach there first?

 

Being Hall 11 resident for 4 years, the number of times I went home from Canteen A can be calculate with 2 hands. Hence pardon me for my ignorance despite being an ex-NTU student. I guess most of NTU students also don't give this matter much thought though. However, now that with no exams and homework in my mind when I'm going home, I had a little extra mental capacity to do a little experiment with my colleagues.

 

Basically how we did the experiment is very simple. The two buses coincidentally arrived at the same time. So the 2 groups of us each boarded the 2 different buses and sent a sms to each other the moment we reached the interchange.  

 

 

Anwz here is the result:

 

179 is faster... by 3 minutes.

 

So, given that frequency of 179 is higher than 199, you should normally take 179. However, if you are good at running, you can station at the overhead bridge and rush to board whichever bus that arrive first, since both 179 and 199 take about the same time to reach the interchange.

 

 

~ Another friendly NTU survival tip from fengyanfengyu.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment