Saturday, August 2, 2008

Freshmen Orientation Camp

This year's Hall FOC I only went back for 3 nights - Sunday's precamp, Tuesday and Friday night. On the precamp day itself, at marina, is where my hall and uni life finish a complete cycle -taking convo photoshoot on the day when exactly 4 years ago I was a freshman about to step into the hall and uni stage of my life. Thinking back, I was just as cock as how some of the most cock freshies I saw in this camp last time. Actually, I am still as cock now, just that most in hall don't dare to say cos I am older than most of them. Ha!

 

Talking about FOC, I never liked 50% of the games I played during FOC. Who in their right mind will like to play games that are disgusting, muddy, wet and last until 4+ am into the night?? I especially hated Ixnitiation when I was a freshie. Does it remind anyone of the 'Good Cop Bad Cop' routine used to bend the prisoners to police's will? Most of these FOC games are basically designed to satisfy the sickening minds of seniors (who, too, suffered in the hands in their seniors), all in the name of "tradition".

 

I started to love FOC when I was in Year 2.

 

And I had gone for all the FOCs (unlike some of the lao rens), and made alot of good friends since then... starting with Weiling, Veena's batch, followed by Weichen, Alvin, Zhengxi, Singying's batch, followed by Angela, Yanli, Yizhen, Kelvin's batch... watching them all turned into psychotic-freshies-torturing-seniors over a period of 3 years. I can hardly believe my eyes and ears when the AGL this year told a blindfolded freshie to do a hundred squats and starjumps during Ixnitiation night! (She told him to stop when he had done 20 la... I was about to intervene already.) Oh well, the tradition had been passed down good. I remembered I was told to do army drills blindfolded during this night. Haha!

 

It really feels good during the Ixnitiation night, where you see seniors and juniors from different generations all back in the one place where we all once stayed together, while witnessing the freshies going through the same old shit you went through years ago.

 

This year is a bit different from the previous years though. Originally I didn't plan to mingle with the freshies, since I knew I was only coming for a few nights. And I didn't, until I saw the poor blindfolded, bored freshies going to fall asleep waiting for their turn at some stupid station. And this was where my 'kind-and-caring-senior' instinct kicked in. (I am always the 'Good Cop'. Haha!) I went to entertain them by chit chating with a few of them. One simply refused to respond the 'button' on her nose that I 'programmed' (For those who don't know, a 'button' is something you draw on the freshie using marker, where, when pressed, the freshie is supposed to shout or do something.) She want me to shout first, then she shout. This is the first time I tried to be a Bad Cop and I failed so miserably. Down ah! =( 

 

Then there was one is a MAE guy who was a commando. Quite friendly and nice to talk to. The one I chat with the longest is called Trixie, from ADM, Pan OG, Animator. She kept trying to guess who am I when I already told her repeatedly that she never saw me before. I told her that to her, I will always be 'The Mysterious Senior Who Talked To You During Ixnitiation Whose Identity Will Remain A Mystery Forever'.

 

At that point I realised that this batch would made very good friends and juniors, just like the previous 3 batches, and it is a little bit sad that I missed the chance to made friends with them. Then I told myself that it is time to move on to the next stage of life. I guess maybe I will go back for hall FOC for maybe one or two more years, and, when no one I know is left in hall, then I can finally leave Hall 11 behind for good physically.

 

And rest it in my memories... just like my beloved jc.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment