Wednesday, October 1, 2008

HAPPY CHILDREN'S DAY!!!

It has been quite a while since I update. Not that I am very busy. Still knocking off on average 6.10pm. I am VERY grateful for this. From what I heard, not many of my friends, be it engineers or auditors, are allowed to knock off on time. Oh well, seems like I made the right career choice. Haha!

 

* * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Anwz, for the updates: These days I had been devoting quite some time writing macros on MS Excel to help simplify my dad's accounting process. Now at a click of a button, the things my father keyed in the Invoice meant for the customer will magically appeared on the Invoice and Delivery Order records. Cool huh? Haha!

 

I just finished this project a few days ago. Next one I am going to write a script to pluck stocks infomation automatically from the net into my excel sheet and do some number crunching. The result will be which stocks are the BEST buy. My colleague once mentioned that it can be done, plucking infomation from the net automatically, but... I don't know how... Well, there are 2 things we do most often in my profession -

 

Solving bugs (Arrrghhhh! *pulling hair*) and FIGURE OUT!

 

* * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Besides the project, another percent of my time, perhaps 1%, is devoted to monitoring the market... and financial planning (Arrrrghhh! Those financial agents!!! Stop coming after my blood!!!). *Calm down* No offence to financial planner / insurance agent friends. Just my hyperactive imagination acting wild. Hee. Actually talking to them is quite enriching. They possess knowledge that EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW. But, just keep in mind that...

 

While they are sharing knowledge, they are also trying to earn a living. 

 

Enough about financial agents. Anwz I had just bought my insurance. Unless you have ways to earn money, DO NOT approach me anymore. Anwz now is an exciting time, and it will get more exciting in the future. Latest news: US Senate to vote on revised bailout package on Wednesday. I just submitted a form that allows my to trade US stocks last sat. Better faster finish processing!!! (And maybe you will see me blogged about me becoming bankrupt in my next entry. =P)

 

Craps aside. If you take a few steps back from the turmoil and look at the overall global economy, you can see that everything is corelated and interlinked. Different forces are at work. The Bailout Package failed, but the market didn't crash as much as expected. Why? If you can see through the smoke, you will come out ahead. Too bad I didn't study Business and Economy, but I thought they are quite interesting. Anwz this will be where my professional habit kicks in...

 

I will Figure Out.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Pardon me for talking me abt such boring stuff above. Today is CHILDREN'S DAY! Let's talk about comics and games! Yeah! (This is where I spent 90% of my free time on. =P)

 

But on the down side, comics are so adult orientated these days. =(

 

Marvel Universe - The US Government approved a legislation which forces all super powered people, including all heroes, to register. This divides the Super Hero community right in the center - Ironman, Mr Fantastic, Spiderman etc on one side (pro-registration),  and Captain America, Daredevil, Punisher etc on the other (anti-registration). The Civil War ended with Captain America's surrender and assasination. Yes, the beloved Captain died.

 

DC Universe - Gotham was totally abandoned by the US Government (I am not sure for what reason) and the city descends into a dark age resembling warring states. Batman, the Police, Penguin, Poison Ivy etc all control a part of the city, fighting each other. After this story arc, when the city was rebuilt, Bruce Wayne was thrown in jail for killing his girlfriend. Even Oracle and Nightwing had doubts about his innocence...

 

Naruto - The long awaited truth of why Itachi killed his entire clan except his brother Sasuke is revealed. Sasuke vows to destroy the Fire Village.

 

D Gray Man - The Exorcists' Headquarters were invaded by one of the Noah's clan members. Akuma Level 4 was borned and kill everything in its way in the headquarters. 

 

One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh R Series - Still reading. Haha! 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * *

 

One of the first major items I bought after I start working is Nintendo DS. In my opinion its games are more interesting than PSP, which made use of touch screen and mic. Played Pokemon Pearl, Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales, FF IIISuper Mario Kart (who wants to challenge? Haha!) etc. Now playing FF IV. One major reason why I seldom blog anymore. Games.

 

 

Ahhh! Life is Great!

 

(Oops, I advertised for the company I bought insurance from. Haha!)

 

Happy Children's Day! =)

 

 

2 comments:

  1. when u say comic u mean manga rite? wif pics rite? cos i know the anime(d-gray man and naruto) is abt where u describe but manga is way over le:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup manga. i read the latest published one ... not online de... naruto animae so fast meh?

    ReplyDelete