Thursday, December 11, 2008

Meaning of life 2

For the 2 ENTIRE days of the past long weekend, both Sunday and Monday, I had been WORKING non-stop!

 

As you know, I am in the flight simulation industry, hence, it is part of my job to learn more about the various types of aircraft, their performance, and different flying maneuvers and combat tactics (so as to create good AIs). And, lo and behold, I had been doing just that during the past long weekend!

 

Flying and fighting against different aircrafts, such as F-16, F-5E, F-22, MIG-31, SU-37 etc etc, practicing maneuvers such as split-s, immelman, lead pursuit etc etc, aiming and firing missiles and gun... on my old PSP. Work had and will never been this much fun!

 

Suddenly I had an epiphany regarding why I had been feeling so depressed and felt the meaning of life missing:

 

'COS I HAVE NOT BEEN PLAYING GAMES FOR THE PAST TWO MONTHS!

 

Last Friday I met up with Jiahong and Soonguan, two of my best friends. Our conversation gradually shifted from work to games. When Soonguan asked me what games I had been playing and I told him I don't play games anymore, he paused for a brief second. Soonguan, though he didn't say anything in this brief second of silence, loudly 'exclaimed' something that abruptly woke me up:

 

"Bro, what the f*** happened to you man?!? You are not you anymore! You are losing yourself!"

 

His 'words' led to me to my PSP, and the MEANING OF LIFE.

 

Meaning of Life is nothing more that the latest distraction that makes you stop finding the non-existent meaning of life for the moment.

 

Damn. life is so God-Damnned empty. Well, gonna play more games...

 

In my search for the meaning of life for the past week, I have heard some interesting answers - Singying's "Role in life", Jiahong's "Girlfriend", a friend I know will say "God", and lastly a colleague told me "Still need to ask?? Of course is to reproduce la!" (WTF)

 

Thanks everyone for your answers, but I have found mine...

 

"Fun and GAME."

 

... at least for the moment. LOL!

 

PS. My Macbook spoiled and I can't find my reciept on Sunday. I took a cab from AMK to NTU (work purpose) and forget to take receipt yesterday.
 

"When shit happens, it sometimes comes as an unrelenting case of bad diahorrea."

 

Well said, Jiahong. But who cares anyway, now that I found my meaning of life. Haha!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment