Friday, October 21, 2005

Complaint (Part 2)


Dear Mdm,

 

I'm sorry that I didn't state my point clearly in my previous mail. What I was saying is less on me wanting to get exempted from lectures and more on me not wanting to miss any of the lectures (and definitely not the exam prep & revision lecture). Therefore I was wondering if it is possible for all the lectures needed to finish the syllabus to be held before the exams (31st Oct). And if it is not possible, hopefully the syllabus can be cleared before the 1st week of exams (7th Nov).
 

The reason for this is that additional lectures deep into the exam period eats up the time necessary for us to study for the exams.
 

 

Imagine how a student will feel if he or she have a 4au core module exam on Thursday morning and still have to attend a 3 hour lecture on Wednesday evening. And if there is a presentation, I am sure the student will be more miserable as he or she still have to prepare for the presentation on the Wednesday afternoon. Not to mention how much more depress he or she will be if the same thing happens for the next TWO weeks.

 

One of the ways to solve this is to do away with the presentations and squeeze the remaining syllabus into the next 1 or 2 lectures. I believe that students will be too busy preparing for exams to do a good job preparing for the presentation. And as a result, students who are listening to the presentations will not gain much since the presentations are poorly prepared. This is clearly a lose-lose situation and precious time are wasted.

 

I do not know if doing away with presentations is administratively possible. But I believe that the aim of this course is not to hone our presentation skills... certainly not right in the middle of the exams.

 

If it is not possible, is it possible to postpone the presentations until after the exams? Or having additional make ups before exams?

 

I'm very sorry for being so long-winded but I'm afraid that I cannot get my point across. I really do hope that the School of ADM can understand the plight and the difficulties faced by the students during this stressful period and consider my suggestions. Please help us in this aspect. Thank you.
 

Yours Sincerely

 

********

 

Any complain experts out there? Do you think I will get black-listed? Scared...

 

Hmmm... maybe she won't understand what the hell I am saying, given my bad english...  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment