Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A tiny drop of music...

...has been dissolved into this blog.

 

This has been something I wanted to do for a long time. Please feel free to enjoy the relaxing melody of *Bassa Nova music by pressing the little Play button on the left side of the page. The song is called Girl from Ipanema , by Stan Getz and Astrud Gilberto.

 

*Bassa Nova definition -

 

A style of music developed in the south east of Brazil that merges samba rhythms with jazz-influenced harmonies and melodies.

 

 

Anwz recently a programme in Yes 933 introduced the songs of a local a cappella group call Budak Pantai, which I found is quite interesting and creative. What these musicians do is that they "give songs an extreme makeover... often with hilarious results." This is their website, you can check up the soundclips there. Songs I found quite nice there are Ai Hen Jian Dan , All Rice , The Log Cake Song  and Sar Tan.

 

There are two songs I like a lot: Yi Bei Cha  and Tribute to Titanic . But too bad it's either too short or not included in the soundchips. But nevermind, I'll put them here once I bought the album. =)

 

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment