Sunday, February 18, 2007

Gong Xi Gong Xi (Take 2)

Damned. My mind is just full of crap... Argh! Guess I'll start off by replying to Singying's comments.

 

"Coz if comparing with your past experience, it may be lacking but there's definitely some good in there that you can be happy about wor "

 

Actually Singying's right. At least, I was there at the conceptualization stage of the production (Preproduction), where the directors and producers spent many nights brainstorming ideas for the script. Although sometime it feels very 'bek chek' that any ideas that I brought up have to go through 3 Directors, 1 stupid Admin Co-Pro (haha!) and sometimes the Producer herself, it was really quite fun working for a cause... to create something out of nothing, from an idea to a public performance... it is a feeling that can't be described. =)

 

The only thing that makes me feel uncomfortable is that the script is not original... but it can't be helped la. We simply don't have time to write a new script. The commitee of Producers and Directors were formed just before last year's exams. I just hope that someone will write an original script for Hall Production next year. (I know there are some very bright and creative pple out there reading my blog now. Would YOU want to try writing a script? I promise you it will be fun! =)

 

In retrospect, maybe what's actually making me unhappy (last time) is the realisation of my incompetence as a Tech Director. Despite that I've been working in theatre productions for 4 times prior to the latest one, I know too little of theatre works to offer much ideas to the producers and directors. That's because I've been doing plays, but I haven't been watching plays. From now on I'm going to watch lots of plays, and study every technical aspects (effects, props, lights, sound, costime) used at every opportunity, starting with 《暗恋桃花源》this coming sat! Next year I will be the most zai... Props Subcom... in the production! Yeah!

 

P.S. SY, I gave u potato wedges and yet you didn't thank me that night. *Disappointed* =( Haha! Kidding!  

 

1 comment:

  1. That\'s the right mindset i guess =) Jia you!!! Eh..Don\'t want be Tech Director next time le arh? LOL! Paiseh arh! But yar, thanks for the potato wedges! =D Haha!

    ReplyDelete