Sunday, June 29, 2008

Musings

Short + Sweet Singapore 2008 Gala Final is DAMN good !

 

Imagine a man who walked into a incredibly posh restaurant with an extremely friendly waiter that provide suicide services. Why did he want to die?

 


Imagine a guy in formal kept staring at an old building in front (and oblivious) of a female shoe polisher. What is the guy thinking about? What will the shoe polisher do?

 

Imagine your girlfriend want you to LOVE her by HURTING (raping) her. Can you do it?

 

Imagine you are a talented composer in love with and loved by 2 women, one as peaceful as the Sea, one as blissful as the Sky. How will you choose?

 

Imagine you are an Indian contruction worker in love with Chinese office girl and in need of money. Will you kiss her, steal her money... or both?

 

Imagine while you are sitting on a bench in a park, a woman flirts with you by acting while dressing as a muslim, catholic, 15 years old student, prositude, mechanic. How will you react?

 

Imagine that you are a balloon in a birthday party. What is the meaning of your existence?

 

Imagine you were once a great cook but now you suffer a stroke and can't move and talk properly and wheelchair-ridden. Your daughter fed you sweet potato porriage everyday and you want to eat Sesame Oil Chicken badly. What will u do?

 

Imagine you were jailed for 3 years for a mistake your friend made. You were released and you saw your friend again. Will you take revenge?

 

Imagine you were a mentally crazy old woman in an old folks home.

 

 

10 powerful stories, 10 windows to different lifes, sorted in order of how I ranked them. Let see how accurate I am once the results are out.

 

Oh btw, after watching 10 short plays in one shot, I analysed my choice of the best and worst shows:

 

 

The last 2 are the last 2 because they are not funny.

 

The top 3 are the top 3 because of they are the funniest. All things (acting, creativity, shock factor, twist, depth, mystery etc) equal or even roughly equal, shows with the best humour are better.

 

When the plays are equally funny, stories with a tint of darkness and slightly twisted (a bit crazy) are the best. 

 

 

I wonder if anyone will agree with me?? Hmmm... 

 

P.S. I checked the names of the actors in the play that I ranked first. One of them, Daniel Jenkins, is one of the professional actors who acted in Pillowman, my favourite play.  

 

  

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Next time my passport expires, I noe wad to do... (No need renew, LOL!)

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

一位有五年工作经验的同事对我说了这一段话:

 

 

“你是新人,工作态度非常重要, 一定要学会怎样做工。Hmmm 要不然,你可以走另一条路,就是...

 

...一定要学会怎样做人。"

 

 

Haha!

 

虽然,我不是很会做工,但是我跟不会做人。看来我还是老老实实的学做工算了。

 

你们如果会做人的话,还是会做人比较轻松。=)

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

I always prefered writing to talking. I LOVE writing letters. We used to exchanged letters wth Angels, Mortals and friends during JC days. Til now, I still kept the all the letters I received.

 

Stacked together, they are about 3cm thick.

 

Now, there ain't anymore friends for me to write to. But I am still writing, this time writing to computers. Surprisingly, they will respond! Most of the time with messages like:

 

"Cpp1.exe - 65 error(s), 1 warning(s)"

 

 

#$&*$%#&*^$*&^%!!!

 

But I still prefer writing to talking. =)

 

P.S. These particular 65 errors can be solved easily by putting a semicolon at the right place. Comps are much less complex than human... sometimes.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment