Sunday, July 10, 2005

江南行 - Day 7 (Part 2)


Day 7 (30 Jun) - Shanghai

 

Finally she came and we were intro to each other. Her name is Joanne. Quite a nice girl. Though she speaks mainly english but her recently learnt chinese sounds not bad too. From there she brought us to a 川菜 resturant in the middle of no where (I know), where we had spicy food. For some unknown reasons, many of our hosts love to eat spicy food in a hot day (another is Xiaofeng, as seen tmr), but I must admit the food was really quite nice. 

 

During lunch, Joanne insisted that she will treat us. I just smiled and kept quiet. When we finished our food, before Joanne went toilet, she emphasized strongly again that we mustn't foot the bill first. I also smiled and kept quiet.

 

I was thinking, how the heck am I going to foot the bill with my pathetic 50 rmb, even if I wanted to??

 

Actually it was really paiseh to let a girl I just know treat me to such a good meal. But anyway it shows that she's an ultra nice person. Take this opportunity to thank her also. Thanks Joanne!

 

Later we took MRT to 人民广场 (i think). We were planning to go museum. However, we saw the Urban Planning Center on the way. Being future architects, Youjie and Joanne were naturally drawn towards that place. Being a person dying of heat soon, I was also naturally drawn towards that place (since it got 空调). So together, we went inside to see Shanghai's urban plan. 

 

What an interesting place...

 

We stayed there until 5pm, then we went 南京路 walk walk. Halfway along the road, we decide to make a U-turn and walked to 黄陂南路. There we walked passed Joanne’s house (near 黄陂南路) to a supermarket a few blocks away, say goodbye to Joanne, then walked back to 黄陂南路 MRT station. The whole journey took us about 1hr. Almost died.

 

 

TO BE CONTINUED...

 

 

1 comment: