Sunday, July 3, 2005

前言。后记。

Today is the second day I'm back from China, finally have time to transfer my experiences to a more permanant form. Memories are such strange things, just like images on water, shimmering, distorting, fading. Illusions. Better put them into words. Fast.

 

But before that, let me jolt down my thoughts after I reach Singapore. Despite all the failings of Singapore, despite how nice people say other places are, nothing can be compared to the place we call home. Singapore is still the best city I ever seen. Bias, or truth? Comments?

 

This trip to China really broaden my horizon. Seeing different cultures and cities. Can't help but wonder how HUGE the world really is, especially when you look down at the cities from a plane. The products of hundreds or even thousands of years of civilisation. It's amazing what the puny mini Homo Sapians can achieve. Really sets you thinking isn't it? 

 

In this big big world that we live in, it really warms one's heart that there are friends and relatives all over. The happiest days in this trip is not when we saw some nice temples, bridges or lakes, but the days when we meet our classmates and my cousin. The world isn't that big afterall.

 

Written so much crap, still haven't talk about what happened during those eight days. Have been in a state of chronic tiredness since I came back to Singapore. Maybe I still haven't really adjust to my life here. Hopefully tomorrow will feel better. Meanwhile I'll be satisfied with just the prologue/epilogue to my travelog, which is this entry.

 

Btw I just watched two films. Andrew Lau's Initial D in theatre and Steven Spielberg's A.I. on TV. What a big contrast, at least 2 stars difference in rating. I guess I like Jay Chow's singing much much much more than his acting. 

 

Last thing before I stop writing, I've changed the background of my space. I personally think it looks quite good, especially in these burning days. Makes you feel cooler. Really proud of my taste. =)

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment